1. The State of the Union, a 1948 film directed by Frank Capra pertains to the attempt made by an unscrupulous media magnate, Kay Thorndyke, to stage manage the election of her lover Grant Matthews as the President of the United States of America. Eventually Matthews listens to…
merican politics appears to be largely stage managed by the affluent sections of the society, in the climax it portrays a healthy picture of the American politics, where the leaders listen to the voice of their conscience and were the values like honesty, fairness, family bonding and justice manage to thrive over selfishness and untruth.
3. The lesson that this movie tends to convey is that essentially the American politics is value driven. The mechanics and the framework of the American politics and the public expectations are such that they tend to push back the fake and the selfish. Though at a superficial level, many a time it may seem that the privileged sections of the society have a greater say in the political setup, eventually it is the strong undercurrent of integrity and uprightness that always has a final say.
1. Thank You for Smoking, a 2005 film directed by Jason Rietman, is essentially about the exploits of a smooth and smart tobacco lobbyist Nick Naylor who uses his public speaking skills to win support in the favor of smoking. The film depicts the ploys and schemes resorted to by Nick Naylor and his like minded friends to mould and influence the public and political opinion in favor of the causes that happen to be basically harmful to the public health.
2. The view of the American politics as presented in Thank You for Smoking is quiet negative and disturbing. In Thank You for Smoking the American politics comes out as a political system that is vulnerable to being managed and influenced by the people who are influential, powerful and deft public opinion managers. The American public is shown as an unsuspecting victim to the schemes of people who are not averse to lying and using faulty logic.
3. While State of the Union ends in the victory of the essential American values like honesty, integrity and justice, Thank You for Smoking tends to project the victory of the powerful and the unscrupulous over the desired political values and ...
Cite this document
(“Movie Review Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/history/520503-movie-review
(Movie Review Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 Words)
“Movie Review Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/history/520503-movie-review.
Basically, the film revolves around the character of a shy waitress and the plot is set in Montmartre. It presents a somewhat contemptible portrayal of the modern Parisian life. The film beautifully presents the relentless struggling character of the film heroine Amelie, who strives hard to change her own life along with considering various options for bringing positive changes in the lives of those existing around her.
Main characters include ‘Jean Cabot’ (Sandra Bullock), Officer ‘John Ryan’ (Matt Dillon), ‘Christine Thayer’ (Thandie Newton), ‘Det. Graham Waters’ (Don Cheadle) and ‘Cameron Thayer’ (Terrence Howard). In Los Angeles, individuals’ lives interlink since the town has different races living therein.
She does not care much for a social life unlike her sister, who is about to get married. Her mother forces her to learn how to cook ‘aloo gobi’ an Indian dish and says that Jess will never get married and settle down if she does not bother to learn the tricks and trade of the household.
The video claims that the Jews inhabit most part of Jerusalem as they inhabit the most part of West Jerusalem. The Christians also hold the city of Jerusalem dear to their heart as they go there en masse from
The audience is introduced to the religious custom of Hindus regarding the fate of widows in these words: “A widow should be long suffering until death, self restrained and chaste. A virtuous wife, who remains chaste when her husband has died, goes to heaven. A woman who is
In Los Angeles, individuals’ lives interlink since the town has different races living therein. The plot of the movie rotates around everyday life experiences and in particular racism and social unfairness. Those who act
all times as nobody knows when natural calamities will hit although sophisticated tools can predict the upcoming surge of the devastating monstrous calamities.
A good movie about the environment and environmental degradation is the film entitled The River that Harms. The
tions have come out because of the event that we should take into consideration the ideologies that are held by different people and be ready to compromise, whenever we are called upon to do so. This essay seeks to provide more insight on the aspect of cultural communication and
While, in the hospital he thinks about committing suicide but then meets Alexandria, who is a Spanish girl with a broken arm who tries to bring him back to life.
One conspicuous fact about the film is that the director continually leaves the audiences guessing about
2 Pages(500 words)Movie Review
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Movie Review on topic Movie Review for FREE!