Thesis Proposal help and templates
A thesis proposal identifies a research problem, gives some preliminary view of existing research on the issue, determines needed resources, and sets down the schedule for the research and writing process. Proposal writing is a way of defining problems regarding necessary levels of involvement, scheduling, and resource allocation.
How to write a thesis Proposal?
A decent Thesis Proposal includes the following:
- The background and context of your research problem.
- Why is the topic important?
- What other work has been already done on the problem?
- What are some of the issues that concern the research?
- What is the meaning of the key terms you are about to use?
- Problem definition and approach. Succinctly state your problem in two or three sentences. What other approaches were considered and why is your method a more effective one? What criteria are you using to measure your success? One or more drawings may much help in your problem definition.
- Theoretical background. What, if any, the state-of-the-art theory is essential to your problem? If there are some crucial assumptions in your approach, this is the place to state them. Provide some account of the published literature, citing the leading articles, reports, or books that have treated relevant aspects of the problem.
- Procedure. Explain how you will approach the problem by providing a detailed series of steps. This sequence of steps should be accompanied by one or more drawings.
- Materials and support. What documents, instruments, facilities, and financial aid will you need to carry out your research? List and briefly discuss them.
- Project task breakdown and schedule. Prepare a task breakdown and timing of your work. Develop this section with some care, since it will provide you a means of measuring your progress about your allotted time. If your time estimates turn out to be poorly gauged, then you may need to seek your advisor's help in redefining your goals.
- Bibliography. List the publications you have consulted in planning your research.
Why is StudentShare helpful?
Our database stores a vast variety of writing samples. Enjoy this section to find the most decent Thesis Proposals we collected for you and use them as a basis for your own future writing. Lack of time to search through? Ask our writers for help! Order thesis Proposal under your requirements and get it done in the shortest time!