There is an Executive Team which includes the Chairman and Chief Software Architect, the CEO, the General Counsel and Secretary, the Chief Financial Officer, senior and group vice presidents from the business units, the CEO of the Europe, the Middle East and Africa regions; the heads of Worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services; Human Resources; and Corporate Marketing.
1) Microsoft is one of the leading brands and one of the top companies featured in Fortune 500 list of companies. The operating system Windows, provided by Microsoft, is one of the most favorite operating systems of most of the people across the world. Apart from this, the office suit supplied by Microsoft which includes MS Word, MS excel etc. can be found on almost all the computers across the globe. Not only does it provide software for home and office computers, laptops and mobile devices but it also is one of the leaders in the Market of servers, gaming products and hardware devices.
2) Creating a Brand Name is one of the toughest jobs for a company. Microsoft has been very successful in creating a Brand Name for itself and is therefore increasing the names in the list of its customers every single hour.
1) The on-line support provided by Microsoft is not...
Even the support available on phone is not available 24*7. It should be not that after delivery support for the softwares is an important criteria for the customers making any purchase and the lack of best quality support can definitely has a negative influence in the mind of the customer.
2) It is generally seen that the software products offered by Microsoft have compatibility problems when installed on operating systems other than Windows. Moreover, even Windows does not support many softwares provided by other Vendors. This comes as a hindrance to a consumer intending to buy products from different vendors.
3) Microsoft does not disclose the source code for its product which causes a lot of pain to the end user if he/she desires to do some minor modifications to the product obtained by him in case of any bugs found or some extra features needed to him.
4) Microsoft having its presence across the globe has to be very cautious of its legalities, patents, trademarks, codes, products etc and has to keep a close watch on any development in the legal policies for any country throughout the world.
1) Microsoft has started to capture opportunities in attracting the tech savvy youths in developing countries by introducing softwares in their native language rather than English. Microsoft has also given discretionary authority to the respective government to ensure tight vigilance on malpractices such as eavesdropping and phishing emails.
2) Microsoft has made a smart move by venturing into entertainment segment which is the need of the 21st century youngsters by production of game consoles such as XBOX.
1) As Microsoft has a wide market share in developing and developed nations,