1.3 Research Goals
This research has been set with an overall aim of improving female performance in science classes. To achieve this aim, the following specific objectives ought to be achieved:
1. Investigating cause of low female participation in science lessons in Saudi Arabian universities.
2. Identifying the neglected role of educationists and other stakeholders in enhancing female education in Saudi Arabia.
3. Adapting a student centred intervention to tackle the problem at hand.
1.4 Justification of the Study
The education of females in Saudi Arabia can be made better if females are given many roles to play in the course of their education . This will motivate them to feel important to the educational system. By extension, they will recommend to their colleagues to take up courses in science. Furthermore, the more involved females are in science lessons, the more understandable lessons will become to them and so the better their chances of improving in their overall academic performance.
1.5 Research Questions
1. What are girls attitude in integrated science lesson?
2. Why do the teachers neglect the use of teaching learning aids or materials in their lessons?
3. What are the causes of female low participation in science?
4. What are the measures that can be put in place to help improve female low participation in science lessons?
5. What advantages and disadvantages do activity and discovery methods have in the teaching of science lessons that can be transformed into improving female performance in class? ...Show more